Visitation Restricted at Sheridan Memorial Hospital Campus Effective August 12, 2020
Due to an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in Sheridan County, Sheridan Memorial Hospital has implemented further visitation restrictions in our hospital and clinics to protect our patients, staff, and community.
Beginning Wednesday, August 12, 2020, SMH will be implementing a No Visitation Policy at our hospital campus with only a few exceptions. Thank you for your understanding of the need to restrict visitation at our hospital campus to help to prevent the spread of the virus within our facility. Rest assured that our patients are getting exceptional care from our outstanding physicians and staff in a way that protects their safety and the safety of others.
- Beginning Wednesday, August 12, 2020, we will stop allowing visitors to our inpatient units, Emergency Department and clinics.
Exceptions to this policy are as follows:
- OB patients in the birthing unit will be allowed one support person.
- OB patients having a C-Section will be allowed one support person to attend in the OR (as allowed by surgeon and anesthesiologist).
- OB patients having an ultrasound will be allowed one support person.
- Patients coming for surgery or outpatient procedures will be allowed one support person.
- Patients at the end of life will be allowed one support person.
- Pediatric patients will be allowed one family member/guardian present.
- Patients in outpatient and hospital settings with sensory and/or cognitive deficits needing a caregiver to assist in accessing care and/or a driver/caregiver to take patient home after visit or surgery will be allowed one support person.
- These support or family visitors will be screened for symptoms of illness and will not be allowed to visit if symptoms of illness are present. Visitors will have limited movement within the hospital, mostly staying in the patient’s room.
- Under physician direction, special consideration may be given to certain circumstances for visitation for patients that are not listed above.
Entrance hours and screening
- The main front entrance to the hospital will be open from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday and 8:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturday and closed on Sunday.
- The Emergency Department entrance to the hospital will remain open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- The Outpatient Center entrance will be open from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- All patients/visitors will be screened for symptoms of illness at time of presenting to one of the above entrances.
Communicating with patients in the hospital and receiving updates:
- Please consider alternative communication methods as available and appropriate such as phone, FaceTime, texting or other electronic methods.
- Patients will be asked to identify one point of contact for the care team to communicate with and calls will be handled in the following manner:
- Each patient will be assigned a designated time in which the nurse will call the identified point of contact to communicate patient updates
- We ask that family members refrain from calling the unit for information unless an emergency
Thank you for your partnership in keeping us all safe.