Revised Visitation Policy at Sheridan Memorial Hospital Campus (revised 5/29/2020)
Since March 23, Sheridan Memorial Hospital has had a no visitation policy with the goal of protecting patients and employees during the COVID pandemic. Now as the community begins to open back up and restrictions are loosened, our visitation policy has been revised.
Updates to the Visitation Policy include:
- Upon entering an SMH facility, all patients, visitors and employees are screened and required to wear a face covering. If you are given a cloth face mask when you arrive, please return it to one of the used mask bins located at the building entrances when you leave.
- All patients receiving care in the hospital will be allowed one visitor, pediatric patients will be allowed both parents
- OB patients in the birthing unit will be allowed one support person.
- OB patients in OR for C-section will be allowed one support person (as allowed by surgeon and anesthesiologist).
- OB ultrasound patients will be allowed one support person.
- Patients having surgery or outpatient procedure will be allowed one support person.
- Patients in outpatient settings with sensory and/or cognitive deficits needing a caregiver to assist physician with history and/or a driver/caregiver to take patient home after surgery.
- Patients at the end of life will be allowed one support person.
- All support persons/visitors will be screened for symptoms of illness and will not be allowed to visit if symptoms of illness are present. Visitors will have limited movement within the hospital, mostly staying in the patient’s room.
Each clinic will give specific instructions as to whether visitors are allowed at the time of a patient’s visit.
While we continue to limit the number of visitors allowed during a patient’s visit, under certain circumstances, special consideration may be given with physician guidance. This continues to be a fluid situation and we are working to be proactive and follow CDC and State of Wyoming Department of Health guidelines to keep our patients and employees safe.
Visiting hours end at 6pm.
Thank you for your partnership in keeping us all safe.