All testing is done curbside and requires an appointment. To schedule a COVID-19 Testing appointment, please call 307.675.5850 or click here to schedule online.
If you call, please leave only ONE message and our registrars will return calls in the order they are received. When scheduling a testing curbside appointment, hospital personnel will help you select the most appropriate test for your needs.
The hospital’s COVID-19 Testing is done at Urgent Care Monday-Friday – 1435 Burton Street.
Results are usually provided the same day – this is dependent upon volume.
When you arrive for your testing appointment, please park on the west side of the Urgent Care lot and remain in your vehicle. Call the number on the sign posted in the Urgent Care parking lot and a healthcare professional will come out to your vehicle for your test.
Published September 2, 2021
COVID-19 Testing Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if I have been exposed to someone with COVID-19?
- If you are not having symptoms – quarantine then get tested approximately 5 days after exposure
- If you are having symptoms – get tested immediately, quarantine and wait for results and additional instructions
- If you are not having symptoms – get tested approximately 5 days after exposure.
- If you are having symptoms – get tested immediately and quarantine and wait for results and additional instructions
Do I need a specific appointment for COVID-19 testing?
- Yes. Please call 672-1004 and leave only 1 message, our registrars will return the calls in the order received to schedule your appointment. Online appointments can now also be made by clicking on this link.
What type of test is offered?
- Rapid antigen test ($79) – same day results subject to change depending on testing volume
- Rapid PCR test ($158) – same day results subject to change depending on testing volume
- State PCR test – (No fee) – results will take anywhere from 2-7 days depending on volume at state lab.
When and where is testing performed?
- Testing is performed at SMH Urgent Care – 1435 Burton St. (1 block south and west of the hospital)
- Monday – Saturday — Appointment required — see information above
Is there a separate entrance for COVID-19 testing and/or is there still curbside testing?
- Yes. Curbside Tests are administered on the west side of the SMH Urgent Care parking lot located at 1435 Burton St.
- Patients are to remain in their vehicle and call the phone # posted on the sign to let us know they have arrived for their scheduled appointment.
If my test results are positive, what should I do?
- The current recommendation from the CDC is to quarantine for 10 days. If symptoms worsen, please contact your primary care provider or come in to SMH Urgent Care. For severe symptoms, go to the emergency department or call 911.
For More COVID-19 Information and Resources visit, sheridanhospital.org/community/coronavirus/