Since the Sheridan Memorial Hospital (SMH) Urgent Care opened in 2013, patient traffic has more than tripled. This growth is the leading reason SMH Urgent Care will be re-locating to a new office located south of the hospital at 1435 Burton Street, beginning next Monday, August 24.
“We are excited about our new space on Burton Street. Our goal is to continue to provide excellent patient-centered care to the community through a better space, enhanced resources, improved privacy and a keen eye toward safety in the new Coronavirus landscape,” said Urgent Care Medical Director David Nickerson, MD. “The new clinic offers multiple options for COVID-19 testing and offers separate waiting and treatment areas for patients who are not ill. It is also located adjacent to the COVID Testing Center, which offers drive-up testing.”
Some of the benefits of the new office include:
- More than twice the number of patient rooms
- X-rays performed on-site and read by both the provider and radiologist
- Retained ultrasound capabilities
- On-site labs which can be run using a single drop of blood from the patient’s finger, with results in two minutes or less
- Increased privacy
- Use of the same electronic documentation/records system as the hospital and all SMH clinics
- Ability to skip long wait times and reserve a time slot online at www.sheridanhospital.org (with text message reminders)
- Clinic designed to keep patients safe through social distancing
- Increased parking, with shorter walks and wheelchairs available
Because of this transition, the SMH Urgent Care will be closing at Noon on Saturday, August 22, to complete the move. The new office is located at 1435 Burton Street and will be open Monday, August 24, at 8 am.
NEW Urgent Care Hours
- Monday – Friday – 8 am – 7:30 pm
- Saturday – 8 am – 6 pm