- In 2012 the Foundation successfully completed a significant campaign to raise funds for the new Welch Cancer Center. Over $6 million was raised throughout the community for the $8.4 million project . Ground Breaking was held on Thursday, June 16, 2011 and the project was compelted in the Fall of 2012 with a community celebration and grand opening for our patients and their families.
- The Link ~ Partners in Pink Breast Cancer awareness event was initiated October 2009 as a
community campaign to bring Digital Mammography Equipment to Sheridan Memorial
Hospital. That first year over 650 individuals and businesses helped to raise $250,000! The
Whedon Cancer Detection Foundation made a major contribution of $100,000 toward
The success of that event has carried over to an annual PINK Day in Sheridan and funds continue to support cancer care, women's breast health and mammography.
- Celebrated our Employee Partner Program's 10th year. As of June 2013, our
Employee Partners have contributed over $230,000 through this unique
program. The Partners select a patient centered hospital project or program to support with
their gifts. They have assisted with the Griffith Emergency Department,
Intensive Care Unit, Nutritional Services, Digital
Mammography Equipment purchase and most recently the remodel and expansion of the Intensive Care Unit for the 4th time.
- New Watt Dialysis Center completed and opened in June 2009, project funded
by the The Joseph H. and Arlene Watt Foundation and Sheridan Memorial
- Raised $2.4 million towards a $4.9 million Emergency Department Expansion
Project ~ Facility opened June 2006.
- Raised nearly $3 million for the new Patient Wing Project
- Raised nearly $1 million for the Home for Life Campaign for cancer diagnosis
and treatment equipment
- Established an endowed Annual Nursing Scholarship Program for students at
Sheridan College, currently 13 scholarship graduates are employed at Sheridan
- Provided over $500,000 to the hospital for direct support in 2009-10
- Foundation Membership continues to grow annually with over 1,300 members as
of June 1, 2011
2011-2012 Annual Report
2010-2011 Annual Report
2009-2010 Annual Report
2008-2009 Annual Report
2007-2008 Annual Report
Nursing Scholarship Program
The Foundation established an endowment fund in October 2001 which continues to grow annually. Based on the investment income the Sheridan Memorial Hospital Foundation offers a limited number of scholarships to students enrolled in the Nursing Program at Sheridan College.
The scholarships are for $5,000 for the two year program and there is a one-year employment commitment at Sheridan Memorial Hospital for each year of financial support. Before nursing scholarships are awarded, students must sign an agreement with the Foundation that they will participate in employment between the first and second years of their nursing program and after graduation.
Two-year or one-year scholarships will be awarded to qualified Sheridan College Nursing Program students. Scholarships provide the following support to selected student recipients:
- Tuition and expense financial assistance valued at $2,500 per school year for total of $5,000
- Twelve week paid Extern program at Sheridan Memorial Hospital between first and second year of study valued at approximately $7,000 (may work as CNA or LPN)
- Six month paid postgraduate Preceptor program at Sheridan Memorial Hospital valued at approximately $20,220
- Residence: Not a factor
- Classification: Full time first year student enrolled in Sheridan College Nursing Program
- Grade Average: 3.0 or higher
- Need: Not a factor
- Campus: Sheridan, Wyoming
- Student Obligations: When students satisfactorily complete the prescribed course of study at Sheridan College and the Extern and Preceptor Programs at Sheridan Memorial Hospital they are obligated to complete thirty months of employment at Sheridan Memorial Hospital. (This number is adjusted for one year scholarships to eighteen months.) Students are required to execute an employment commitment agreement with Sheridan Memorial Hospital Foundation upon acceptance of the scholarship. The contract provides that students must reimbursement the Foundation if unable to complete the education/work obligation for any reason.
Download Student Stories
Other questions may be addressed by calling the Foundation Office directly at 673-2418.